Welcome to another edition of the OFF-WORLD NEWS Digest.
In the news ...
- Billionaire Ron Burkle is listing the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Ennis House in Los Angeles for $23 million. The house was inspired by ancient Mayan architecture. More HERE.
- Meet Sean Young and Edward James Olmos at Showmasters London Film & Comic Con! The event will be taking over the whole of the Olympia London in July. Taking place on Friday 27th, Saturday 28th and Sunday the 29th of July 2018, London Film & Comic Con promises to bring you some of your favourite stars from TV, Film and Comics as well as a whole host of fun activities including photo shoots, panels, autograph sessions and hundreds of stalls full of TV and Film memorabilia to browse. Show opening times: Friday 10am to 7pm / Saturday 9am to 7pm / Sunday 9am to 6pm
Now for some articles, art, music, videos, podcasts, and some miscellaneous!
- Blade Runner: My journey Into Science Fiction, Part 3
- Blade Runner - Audiokinetic Blog "Blade Runner: Revelations"
They celebrate the release of "Blade Runner", 36 years ago, by talking about the film and its sequel. This episode features an in-depth discussion of the sequel.
- The Bioengineered Femme Fatale Who Inspired Fendi’s A/W18 Show. Fendi’s upcoming collection is an ode to the 1980s, via the 1940s – and who better exemplifies that aesthetic than Blade Runner’s chicest Replicant? More HERE.
- In DADoES, there is a scene at the opera house where Deckard and Resch are told Luba Luft had gone to the Edvard Munch exhibit at the museum. You can now explore 7,600 works of art by Edvard Munch. They’re digitized and free online. Learn more about them HERE.
If anyone has comments, feedback, or questions, please feel free to post them in the Comment section below. And if you'd like to contribute, or recommend Blade Runner-related art, music, video, podcast, or article, you may do so at Kipple@KippleZone.com.
And remember to follow @OffWorldNews on Twitter to receive these and other Blade Runner related news items, (including movie showings, specials, and more not featured in this newsletter), as it comes in.
"Have a better one!"