Welcome to another edition of the OFF-WORLD NEWS Digest.
In the news ...
- It was announced in the November 2018 edition of Off-world News Digest that Blade Runner will be getting remade for the small screen. And the series promises to be an animated spectacle inspired by Blade Runner 2049. Here’s what we know about the series so far, as is described in the following article. 'Blade Runner' Is Getting an Animated Reboot Set In 2032.
- Vangelis will be releasing a new album, titled, "Nocturne: The Piano Album" in January 2019. It contains some previously released tracks, but with a new interpretation -- including the Love Theme and Longing from the Blade Runner soundtrack, and some new songs.
His latest work to be linked to themes of science, history and exploration, it features 11 new tracks and revisits his most famous film themes.
Vangelis' new album will be released on 25th January 2019 on Decca Records and is a soothing collection of solo piano pieces, recorded in his inimitable style. There are 11 new tracks as well as brand new versions of his iconic hits including Chariots of Fire and the 'Love Theme' from Blade Runner. Vangelis himself records on a grand piano for the first time. More HERE.
- Benjamin Wallfisch and Hans Zimmer have been nominated for “Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media” for the 2019 Grammys.
Now for some articles, art, music, videos, fanfiction, podcasts, and some miscellaneous.
- The Dystopian Cityscape in Ridley Scott's Blade Runner
- Terminal City: The disintegration of memory in Blade Runner
- Blade Runner and the Divine Menace
- Developer Shows How To Write Good Game Dialogue Using Blade Runner
- Android Dreams: A Blade Runner Review
- Blade Runner 2049: Screen Memories, Part I.
- A Blimp Is Born: From Concept to Screen to Fandom -- The Blade Runner Blimp
- People have realized Blade Runner was set in 2019 and everyone's making the same point
- Inside the Pages of Blade Runner 3: Replicant Night
- Blade Runner and medieval music inspire Julia Holter’s latest, dizzying album, Aviary.
East of Eden, by janie_tangerine
- Making of 'Blade Runner Paris'.
- Blade Runner Magazine Production, 1982 Style
- "Blade Runner" Eye-Scanning Lie Detector May Be Coming To A Dystopian Future Near You
- "Hello Blimpy" Perez-Kansai Dirigibles T-shirt.
- A Blade Runner Diorama in the works!
- Custom Lego Blade Runner Spinner!
After yesterday's disappointed in the failure of the LED chaser circuit today I consoled myself by building up the Miniature Universe Blade Runner inspired street lamp. This might have been a little easier if I had planned to light it before I started painting. pic.twitter.com/ocM9CzFV0q— Small Wonder Models (@SmallWonderMark) December 8, 2018
- 3D Printed models of the origami unicorn, sheep, chicken, and stick-man! Available at 3DHeroes
- u/Elexis07 has created an alternative web-artbook with 1750+ images contains tons of concept art, some storyboards, sketches, deleted scenes, VFXs, behind-the-scenes footage, and photos. All materials are collected and sorted in chronological order of the film. Working on it took almost a year since theatrical release. He is still updating this as possible, searching for new materials from Internet sources, articles, book and disc editions. Link HERE.
If anyone has comments, feedback, or questions, please feel free to post them in the Comment section below. And if you'd like to contribute, or recommend Blade Runner-related art, music, video, podcast, or article, you may do so at Kipple@KippleZone.com.
And remember to follow @OffWorldNews on Twitter to receive these and other Blade Runner related news items, (including movie showings, specials, and more not featured in this newsletter), as it comes in.
Be sure to visit KippleZone's Pinterest page for more Blade Runner images and videos; from behind-the-scenes photos to fan art, figures, and props! And, for more Blade Runner fanfiction, be sure to visit KippleZone.
"Have a better one!"