- The ‘Blade Runner’ sequel is officially titled, "Blade Runner 2049". Generally speaking, we've been referring to the upcoming sequel to Ridley Scott's 1982 sci-fi classic with a grab bag of short-hand titles, like The Untitled Blade Runner Sequel, or The New Blade Runner, or Director Denis Villeneuve's Upcoming Blade Runner Movie That Has Ryan Gosling In It. Well, that all ends, as the official title has been announced. HERE.
- Blade Runner 2049 VR Experiences Exclusively Coming To Oculus. Alcon Entertainment has announced that have formed a new division of the company titled Alcon Interactive and are partnering with Oculus to distribute virtual reality experiences based on Blade Runner 2049. HERE.
- Below is an excerpt of an interview with Ryan Gosling while filming Blade Runner 2049 in Hungary.
“It's like three movies that I usually make in one,” he says. “Just in terms of the length and just the whole scope and experience.” I ask how it's going, and he quotes something his co-star Harrison Ford said the other day: “cautiously optimistic.” But he knows that people have high expectations, and how treacherous those can be. “The snipers,” he says, “are in the bell tower, waiting.” But, that aside, he says that he can't tell me much: “I've never done something so shrouded in secrecy or where there's so much anticipation.”
Did I hear that Harrison Ford punched you in the face?
He looks surprised. “How did you hear that?”
I've got people on every corner, too.
“Yeah, he did. It was kind of, you know, a rite of passage.”
How did it happen?
“We were just doing a fight scene and, you know, it just happened. But what was funny was, when it was over, they brought ice for my face, and Harrison pushed me out of the way and stuck his fist in the ice.” He laughs. “I asked him the other day where he got his sense of humor from—was it from his mother or his father? He said, ‘Sears.’ And he didn't have much time to shop around so he just had to grab one and get out.”
So did it hurt when he hit you?
“You know…he's tough. He's been an inspiration to everyone—everyone is doing push-ups now and taking an interest in their fitness. As soon as it happened, the director came up to me and said, ‘Look at it this way—you just got hit by Indiana Jones.’ ”
Was he suitably apologetic?
“He came by afterward with this bottle of scotch, and I thought, ‘Oh, I knew this was coming.’ And he pulled out a glass from his pocket, poured me a glass, and walked away with the rest of the bottle. So I guess he felt like he didn't connect enough to earn a whole bottle.” He smiles. “You know, they say don't meet your heroes, but I would say the addendum to that is ‘…unless they're Harrison Ford.’ 'Cause he's a cool motherfucker.”
[Regarding having his family along with him -- his 2 year-old daughter.] Does she understand what Daddy does?
“I don't know. She was on set the other day and I was doing a fight scene with Harrison and she just yelled out in the middle of the take, ‘You're winning!’ Well, first she said, ‘You're doing great,’ and then Harrison stopped in the middle of the take and said, ‘What about me?’ ”
More of the interview HERE.
Blade Runner 2049 Announcement
- In an interview with Screen Daily, Blade Runner 2019 director, Denis Villeneuve said: “I love sci-fi. I have two more ideas now that I would love to do. [And] Blade Runner could go on… we’ll see how this one goes.”
- EW has released seven new photos from the film along with their upcoming magazine cover. The photos offer us images of Ryan Gosling as LAPD Officer K, Harrison Ford as Rick Deckard, Ana de Armas as Joi, Ridley Scott, and director Denis Villeneuve. HERE.
- CGI Rumour for Blade Runner 2049 [Possible SPOILER] HERE.
- NECA Announces it has acquired a license for ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Action Figures and Collectibles More HERE.
- The official Blade Runner 2049 website -- http://bladerunnermovie.com/
- What Do Fans Want from Blade Runner 2049?
- One Reason Why 'Blade Runner' is the Most Symbolically Complex Movie Ever Made
- Ridley Scott: superhero movies have no story
- The 4 Differences Between Deckard from Blade Runner and Deckard from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
- How Blade Runner 2049 can fix what the original got wrong
- 'Blade Runner' fan project recreates a whole set in VR | An extremely faithful representation of Deckard's home is nearly ready.
- The Film Sack Podcast! | 287: The one about Blade Runner
- Blade Runner | Fiction Kitchen
- Blade Runner | Overrated Podcast
- NerdCast 108 | Blade Runner e a Distopia Noir Futurista
This is the scene LOVE Magazine recreated for Day 28
of the Advent Calendar with model Cami Morrone.
And remember to follow @OffWorldNews on Twitter to receive these and other Blade Runner related news items, (including movie showings, specials, and more not featured in this newsletter), as it comes in. Also be sure to visit KippleZone's Pinterest page for more Blade Runner images and videos; from behind-the-scenes photos to fan art, figures, and props!
"Have a better one!"