Welcome to another edition of the OFF-WORLD NEWS Digest.
- 'Blade Runner 2049' wins top prize from American Society of Cinematographers. More HERE.
- The best of British television and film, the annual BAFTA, awarded best Special Visual Effects at the 2018 British Academy Film Awards, to Denis Villeneuve’s Blade Runner 2049. More HERE.
- 'I must say I was disappointed': Denis Villeneuve expected 1 more Oscar nod for Blade Runner 2049. After his film Blade Runner 2049 was nominated for five Oscars, Montreal-based film director Denis Villeneuve said he felt honoured, but disappointed that the Academy failed to recognize the soundtrack of his film. "I think what [composers Hans Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch] did for the movie, the score of the movie, was by far one of the best this year," Villeneuve said. More HERE.
- Blade Runner 2049 director Denis Villeneuve: 'We made a monster. I won't do it again'. When Denis Villeneuve first showed Blade Runner 2049 to Ridley Scott, he wasn’t sure exactly what he had. But he knew he had something. He had spent months paring an hour and 15 minutes off his initial, four-hour rough cut of the film – a belated sequel to Scott’s own monumental science-fiction/film noir hybrid, about a detective hunting lifelike androids in a desolate future Los Angeles. By the time of that test screening, nothing else seemed dispensable. And though Scott would later grumpily describe the 163-minute version as “way too f------ long”, saying he would have trimmed another half-hour from it, the studio executives were more warily upbeat. More HERE.
- Rutger Hauer on 'Blade Runner 2049' and Why Films Today "Lack Balls" The veteran Dutch actor spoke to THR at the Berlin Film Festival, where he is promoting his new film, the biblical action drama 'Samson.' Hauer, spoke to THR about his favorite roles, why films today “lack balls” and his take on the Blade Runner sequel. Read HERE.
One Former Blade Runner Star Wasn't Impressed With Blade Runner 2049 "It looks great but I struggle to see why that film was necessary." More HERE.
- SECRET CINEMA PRESENTS -- Blade Runner: The Final Cut
Now for some articles, art, music, videos, and some podcasts!
- Blade Runner 2049 – So full of the Soulful
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’: How Cutting-Edge Techniques Re-Created Character From Original
- Blade Runner 2049 contains months of VFX work you can't even see with the naked eye
- BLADE RUNNER 2049: HOW DENIS VILLENEUVE CREATED THE MOST COMPLICATED SEX SCENE OF ALL TIME
| @covertart |
|by Christopher Conner|
If anyone has comments, feedback, or questions, please feel free to post them in the Comment section below. And if you'd like to contribute, or recommend Blade Runner-related art, music, video, podcast, or article, you may do so at Kipple@KippleZone.com.
And remember to follow @OffWorldNews on Twitter to receive these and other Blade Runner related news items, (including movie showings, specials, and more not featured in this newsletter), as it comes in.
And be sure to visit KippleZone's Pinterest page for more Blade Runner images, and videos; from behind-the-scenes photos to fan art, figures, and props!
"Have a better one!"
Post a Comment